A quick win of plastic free and green changes for busy families:
- Switch to a renewable energy power supplier - it’s really straight forward to switch now and you’ll probably get cash back and a better deal too
- Once your washing powder is finished buy an Eco Egg - far less chemicals and less irritating for sensitive young skin and you’ll get up to 720 washes for £20
- Sign up for a weekly veg box from a local greengrocers or farm - there are some lovely options around, you’ll get sessional veg, support a local business and cut down on a lot of single-use plastic
- Buy stainless steel water bottles - they’re virtually unbreakable so ideal for children, toxin free, come in some beautiful designs and they’ll last a lifetime
- Say no to single-use plastic water bottles - bring your own or ask for a glass of tap water
- Invest in a reusable coffee mug if you’re a coffee fiend.
- Go meat-free one day a week for all the family
- Switch to soap instead of hand wash, saving plastic bottles
- Ensure you always bring a bag for life and don’t need to buy plastic shopping bags
- Switch to environmentally-friendly dishwasher tablets or powder without plastic coatings
We'd love to hear any changes you feel should be included above. Comment below.
Leave a comment